River Network is pleased to announce that Registration Is Now Open for the National River Rally 2005, May 20 – 24 Keystone Resort, Keystone, Colorado.
River and watershed protection activists from around the country will gather for the sixth annual National River Rally May 20 through May 24 at the Keystone Resort in the Colorado Rockies. The River Rally is a comprehensive national conference for everyone working to understand, restore and protect rivers and watersheds. Staff, volunteers and Board members of all experience levels are encouraged to participate in four days of learning, sharing and celebration. Nearly 100 workshops will cover emerging policy issues, fundraising, technical issues, .watershed science, hands-on watershed protection skills, and much more. The event includes field trips and expanded networking opportunities. Early registration is highly encouraged due to the fantastic location for this year’s River Rally. Please visit http://www.rivernetwork.org/rally to register or learn more.
Why Attend River Rally?
- The widely respected Institute for Conservation Leadership will offer special training for board and staff of local watershed organizations.
- Build your professional network in workshops on emerging fresh-water protection issues and by meeting people from throughout the country.
- The Center for Watershed Protection’s condensed course on planning and implementing successful hands-on watershed protection projects can help you through a technically challenging watershed protection plan.
- Develop your multi-cultural strategy with tribal and non-tribal leaders. Great speakers and programs will give you results-oriented skills to build broader public support. A special pre-Rally event, the Tribal Day, will be held on Friday, May 20th at Keystone for indigenous participants to share and work together.
- Build your fundraising skills at the “Funders’ Forum” and with new advanced-level workshops such as “Creating Internet Strategies and Campaigns” with Groundspring.org trainer John Kenyon.
- Enjoy inspiring events like the River Heroes Banquet, start your holiday shopping at the silent auction, join in the River Jam, enter the “Dutch oven cook off” featuring competitors from around the country and enjoy the “Water Music” Concert, featuring pianist Michael Arnowitt and poet Marjorie Ryerson.
About Rally Registration
Go to http://www.rivernetwork.org/rally to register or get additional information. General registration for staff and board members of River Network Partner organizations is $625, and includes four nights of lodgings, peak hour shuttles from the Denver airport, and most meals (Tribal Day registration is an additional $125). Limited scholarships will be available. Scholarship requests should be made when registering. The deadline is March 18th. Discounts are available for non-profit groups registering three or more people. Late fees will apply after April 8. Please contact email@example.com or call 208-853-1920 with registration questions.